Go Green : With Gaelic Dreams
Floral & Imports, Hopkinsville Kentucky USA
Topics in this category
Starting Anew and Recharging the Battery
Ten Tips To A Fresh Start
1. Mental Cleanse - The Power of Positive Thinking! Negativity is the root that undermines our happiness. The negative ideas we think can manifest in the words we speak. The minute the words leave your lips, is the minute they manifest. Change your thoughts to positive, uplifting ones. Think hope not hopelessness. Think goodness, not evil. Think joy not despair. Energy follows thought. Program thought to be positive and your energy will reflect it!
2. Incorporate Positive Words - Affirmations, are a positive word, expression or term to guide us and give us reassurance. "Today is a new day", "nothing will deter my good thoughts and intentions, today", "I am full of joy". These are all great affirmations to live by.
3. Appreciate Life - Really appreciating what we DO have as opposed to what we would like to have, makes a significant difference. This is always an important element in creating change in a person that is often feeling low.
4. Organ Cleanse - The liver is our master cleansing organ and the gall bladder is its mate. Enjoy a tall glass of water with a 1/2 lemon squeezed into it. The kidneys are our major filter and the bladder is its friend. Boil 4 cups of water and a handful of corn silk. Drink this tea for amazing results. The lungs are our attachment to the breath of life and the large intestines is its buddy. Incorporate deep breathing and exercise (see below) along with a tall glass of psyillium husk to get things moving. The stomach is the center of our 'gut feelings' our immune system center and the spleen is its associate. Eat the cleanest, purest foods, that are the least processed. Enjoy health probiotics found in yogurt and acidophilus. Avoid greasy, fried foods. Your spleen will thank you.
5. Exercise - not with a specific goal in mind. Just sweat. This is one of the best detoxing moves you can make. Exercise is what your body instinctively wants to do especially under stress: fight or flight, and it works. It burns off some of the stress chemicals which tension produces. Therefore, a tired muscle is a relaxed muscle. Regular exercise builds stamina that can help anyone battle stress. But even something as casual as a walk around the block can help you burn off some of the tension that you carrying around.
6. Take Deep Breaths - Sit up, with your back straight in any position. Place your tongue against the ridge of tissue just behind your upper front teeth and keep it there throughout the exercise. Exhale completely through your mouth. Close your mouth and inhale quietly through your nose to a mental count of four. Hold your breath for a count of seven. Exhale completely through your mouth, to a count of eight. Repeat this cycle three more times for a total of four breaths. Try to do this breathing exercise at least twice a day. You can repeat the whole sequence as often as you wish, but don't do it more than four breaths at one time for the first month of practice. This exercise is fairly intense and has a profound effect on the nervous system.
7. Spirit Cleanse - Our spiritual side is often the least worked on and the least understood. To recognize a power that is greater than our own is to recognize our Spirituality. We understand the mind/body relationship to be inspired by alignment with one's Highest Spiritual Principle and by that awareness we can choose Truth. Surrendering to our higher powers so that your Spirit can orchestrate the infinite correlation of details that are necessary for the manifestation of your desires. (1.) These are the benefits you'll receive when you surrender to a higher power.
8. Meditation - There are many meditation methods. Some are passive -- such as observing the breath. Others are active -- in the sense that you actually do something like repeating a word or mantra. The meditations that you will find here will help you develop on many levels. No matter what style or form you follow, meditation should always be gentle. Do not force anything. Allow your efforts to flow naturally and effortlessly.
9. Music - is a magical medium and a very powerful tool. Music can delight all the senses and inspire every fiber of our being. Music has the power to soothe and relax, bring us comfort and embracing joy! Music subtly bypasses the intellectual stimulus in the brain and moves directly to our subconscious. There is music for every mood and for every occasion. Make a collection of your favorites, now!
10. Wander - Take a trip. Walk around the block, through your neighborhood or through a park. Head to the sea, the hills or a mountain trail. There is a concept (and herbal formula) in Chinese culture referred to as the Free and Easy Wanderer. Walking or simply wandering often allows us to clear our head and free our minds. This allows for the free flow of movement, vital energy or Qi and is extremely therapeutic.
Improve Your Health!
Would you like to improve your health? Better your life? Be who you are suppose to be? We sometimes stray from these very simple facts that can make our lives the most fulfilled. Consider these ideas:
1. Visit your Alternative healthcare practitioner at least once a month.
Traditional Chinese Medicine is one of the most comprehensive medical systems in the world today. This medicine looks at the entire individual on a functional systemic basis that integrates all components of our mental, visceral and emotional bodies. See your local practitioner for preventative and maintaining good health as well.
2. Eat Nutritionally Sound Food.
A balanced diet with the appropriate amounts of protein, carbohydrates, fats and water is essential for sustaining a well fueled body which will allow you to do everything in your life to it's greatest potential.
3. Exercise and Move Your Body.
Movement has been shown to ease depression, increase flexibility, keep muscles toned and help us to gain better balance. Movement also increases endorphins. The "happy" chemical in our brain that allows us to think clearer, function optimally and feel great!
4. Get "good" sleep.
Everybody is different with the amount of sleep they need. The one thing that is most important is not necessarily the quantity of sleep but the quality we get. A sound night's sleep allows our entire body to regenerate, replenish and rebound back into a day that is full of life and energy.
5. Welcome the Power of Nature.
"Going back to our roots" can also mean becoming in touch again with nature. The power of the sea, sun, trees and plants have an energy they are willing to share with us. All we have to do is pay attention!
6. Learn to Love!
Take the time to pay attention, appreciate and love the one you're with. Be them friends, family or your partner, learn to love unconditionally and without expectation.
7. Strengthen your Support.
Your family and your friends are the ones who are there for you when you need them the most. Take the time to listen to them, share stories, show appreciation for what they do for you and what they do for people around them. Tell them. Let them know you. Learn to love them for who they are, not what you want them to be.
8. Stay Spiritual.
Giving thanks to the Universe/Ultimate Power/Godhead is powerful. Religion is a bridge to spirituality. You don't have to go to a church or synagogue in order to be spiritual. Spirit is everywhere. Spirit is energy and it is in all things. The best part is being aware of it.
9. Keep Growing and Laughing
Keeping the brain stimulated is one of the best ways we can fight off the signs of aging. Stay curious, creative and learn something new about the world. It is essential to keep maintaining a playful spirit and to keep the mind sharp! Find laughter throughout the day. See things on the lighter side of life. I promise, it will bring great joy.
10. Honor Who You Are.
You are the most powerful, successful and happiest. You deserve all that you desire and should honor all that you are. Find the complete and satisfied soul inside yourself. You are without a doubt, an amazing person. Take time to honor that.